Friday, June 26, 2015

Let's Celebrate

Today I am sharing the last of my Paper Camellia June projects.
My baby girl turned 12 a couple of weeks ago, and that, of course called for a page in her honour.  
The June Paper Camellia kit was packed with so many gorgeous Pink Paislee chipboard pieces that I built my page entirely around them.  
Layering and more layering was the recipe for getting as many fabulous little pieces onto one page. How fun it was to mix so many patterns too.  It's easy to do if you keep everything in moderation, not using competing patterns in close proximity.

If you look close enough here you will notice that the photos were printed just a tad smaller than the frames.  The layering and added embellishments, both hide the empty space, and add to the fun and flow of the design.

To keep the top frame cluster level I used a few 3D foam adhesive pieces underneath, they will help hold the bulk securely in place.

Lots of journaling on this page.  I really wanted to share the story of my girl at 12, and the way she fits so perfectly into our lives with her sweet, silly girl, funny self.

I have been blessed to have had the opportunity to be a part of the Paper Camellia team over these past 6 months.  Ria and Amy have been wonderful leaders and super supportive of the decision I've made to take an early departure from this wonderful team.  This girl of mine, her two sisters, and their dad are needing me to be a little more free around our home.  It has been a whirlwind of a season around here, lots of changes for all of us, including my going back to work full time.  It's pretty incredible the way a life can change so dramatically within 6 months.  Thank you Ria for inviting me into your fold, and allowing me to show off your gorgeous kits.  I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to show off your kits, and for the trust you placed in me to do so well.

Pin It

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous! LOVING the photos and the way you did the journaling!!!

Unknown said...

You and your amazing pages will be missed, Sherri! Love you more than life!